Duties and Responsibilities:
Working in a team-oriented environment, the Library Systems Administrator will:
1. Serve as the primary technical contact with library automation software and licensed database vendors. Support the use and accessibility of library systems and databases.
2. Participate with focus groups in the evaluation and recommendation of software and hardware used in various aspects of library operations.
3. Effectively resolve library system problems by conducting thorough analyses of problems and employing appropriate aids to resolve problems.
4. Collaborate and coordinate with librarians, library staff, and ITS as needed to ensure the availability of technology resources.
5. Provide a high level of customer service to library clients, communicating with library staff and clients about technology and software needs.
6. Responsible for all library systems administration duties which include all matters pertaining to OCLC WorldShare Management Services (WMS), OCLC EZProxy, EBSCO Discovery Services (EDS), and electronic resources upkeep and maintenance.
7. Maintain library portal and web page information as needed.
8. Attend meetings and maintain active memberships in relevant local, regional, state and national associations. Remains current on IT and library technology trends, issues, and standards.
9. Provide remote technical support for library systems to students, faculty and staff from all ENMU campuses.
10. Evaluate emerging technologies for application within library systems.
11. Assist with specialized reports and perform other duties as assigned.
12. Contribute to Golden Library initiatives that further ENMU’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
13. Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: