Type: Full Time 2023-2024 Academic Year
--CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION--
Creates a flexible program and environment favorable to learning and personal growth; motivates students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to obtain a good foundation for continuous growth and development; provides students with experiences which integrate affective, cognitive and psychomotor dimensions of learning; establishes effective rapport with students and community members; assists students in developing positive feelings toward themselves and others; cooperatively plans with teachers toward the maximum use of library-media resources and programs.
Incumbent must achieve the following outcomes with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Cooperates in the development and implementation of the district program of instruction and participates in the school and district-level curriculum development process.
- Plans and implements a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of students and complies with State Department of Education Standards and the APS Board of Education goals.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals.
- Integrates the library-media programs into the school curriculum by planning with staff the objectives for lessons, assignments, units and projects in harmony with curriculum goals and communicates the objectives to students.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
- Establishes and maintains standards of appropriate student behavior and discipline to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom and assists in its maintenance campus wide.
- Evaluates the library-media program and the learning progress of students on a regular basis.
- Prescribes effective learning programs and initiates referrals to appropriate personnel when concerns arise.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Establishes and maintain open lines of communication with students and parents concerning students' academic, social and behavioral progress.
- Creates a library-media environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students and staff members.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated while providing facilities and assistance for producing learning materials.
- Coordinates the selection, ordering, circulation and maintenance of print and non-print materials, supplies and equipment for the library-media center collection and maintains inventory.
- Takes necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, staff, equipment, materials and facilities from hazards or from theft and vandalism.
- Plans and oversees the school library-media budget with consultation of district library-media staff.
- Schedules, trains and supervises staff, parents, volunteers, students and others in the library.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & EXPERIENCE
The minimum expectations for this job are as follows:
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
- Knowledge of APS community, computer system, financial procedures and legal requirements.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects and coordinate the work of others.
- Knowledge of district policies on immunization, medication, first aid, emergencies and child abuse/neglect.
- Knowledge of all laws, regulations and guidelines affecting teachers and students.
- Knowledge of effective classroom and library-media management techniques.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with students, parents, community members and staff.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE: The minimum requirements for this job are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Current New Mexico teaching certificate endorsed in the area to be taught.
- Course work in education, classroom management, educational psychology or related field.
- Library endorsement
Applications can be submitted on the Albuquerque Public Schools Career website.