Position Title: CC Librarian, Lg
College/Division: DACC Dona Ana CC
Internal or External Search: External - Open to all applicants
Location: Doña Ana Community College
Target Hourly/Salary Rate: $42,269 target entry to commensurate with qualifications.
Appointment Full-time Equivalency: 1.0
Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt
Best Consideration Date: August 18, 2023
--CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION--
Manages one or more aspects of a library program area such as; public, technical, or access services. Accountable for quality, innovation and creative use of available resources in support of operations.
Responsible for fund development through grant writing, annual appeals, planned giving, memorial programs, requests to municipalities, legislators and community service organizations. Directs and supervises the expenditure of library funds. Seeks to improve library services and collections in a fiscally responsible way. Pursues additional financial support for the library on a local, state and national level. Recommends, plans and implements library services and necessary changes in those services to keep current with needs and demands of the community. Evaluates the effectiveness of library services in relation to the needs of the community. Recommends and administers materials buying policies of the library. Prepares regular reports on current progress and future needs. Makes public appearances on behalf of the library; gives tours of the building when appropriate. Cooperates with other libraries to make effective use of funds and develop services. Takes responsibility for collection development and acquisitions, including weeding the collection. Administers various programs of the library. Makes selections of books for these programs. Keeps informed of academic and technological developments in the profession; attends professional meetings and conferences. Knows local, state and national laws that affect libraries and plays an active role in initiating and supporting beneficial library legislation. Attends meetings and workshops, local, county, state and national, necessary to the efficient, informed functioning of the library. All other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Required Education: Master's degree in a related field.
Required Experience: Three (3) years of professional experience related to the standard duties as outlined.
Required Certification/License: None.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of emerging technologies and their application to libraries is essential. Knowledge of and experience with excellent customer service skills is vital. Comprehensive knowledge of public library operations, aims and services.
SKILLS: Good communication skills, creative thinking, and talent for organization.
ABILITIES: Ability to meet people easily, to motivate others, and to work effectively with library staff and boards.
• Design, develop, and maintain the library website using the library and college’s content management systems (Springhare and Cascade).
• Lead ongoing usability testing on the library website. Work with library management, students, faculty and other stakeholders to coordinate and administer tests, analyze feedback, incorporate changes to the library website and communicate results. Ensure the library's web-based content adheres to web accessibility standards.
• Assist with or administer online databases, associated middleware (EZ Proxy, Alma, Primo, Springshare, Cascade, Canvas, etc.), and social media accounts.
• Troubleshoot and resolve complex connectivity issues: authentication, database and e-journal changes, subscription platform changes, network and IP issues, etc. Work with college ITS, NMSU library and ITS staff, and vendor technical support as appropriate.
• Support online discovery of library resources via the integrated library system (ILS) and associated products. Activities may include service configurations, integrations, migrations, upgrades, enhancements or other fixes; day to day management, maintenance, troubleshooting and user support.
• Recommend new technology applications; lead and manage implementation.
• Perform assessment of library technologies and web services.
• Maintain working knowledge of library and web technology, best practices, and proficiency in maintaining library systems.
• Teach library instruction sessions, create user guides, embed library content lms systems, and create videos and tutorials as needed.
• Serve on college and library committees as appropriate.
• Develops and maintains professional skills by participating in continuing education and professional development activities such as conferences, workshops, and committee work with professional library organizations.
- Some knowledge of metadata scheme such as MARC
Experience with the SpringShare platform
Knowledge of integrated library systems (Ex Libris Alma/Primo), EZproxy, authentication protocols, interlibrary loan, and content management systems.
Familiarity with website accessibility standards and guidelines.
All applications must be submitted through the NMSU Careers Website.